24/7 Service Delivery Engineer – Tier 2
Sittingbourne, Kent (Remote/office/field based, UK).
Competitive Salary DOE, Plus Overtime & Benefits
Due to company growth we are expanding the Service Delivery Team with 24/7 Service Delivery Engineers, reporting to the Service Operations Manager.
Sota operates a 24 x 7 service support model and the ideal candidate will join our specialist team working a shift pattern of 12-hour shifts between 8-8 covering an average working week of 44 hours. Due to the nature of this role, Sota is offering a higher salary that includes for working unsociable hours.
This is an exciting opportunity for an IT professional with Server, Desktop, Active Directory and Networking skills to join a fantastic company promoting unique solutions and a hands-on approach.
As a Service Delivery Engineer, you will be providing a mixture of 2nd and 3rd line service desk/remote support to our growing customer base. Reporting to the Service Operations Manager, you will work closely with other service engineers in the Platforms, Infrastructure and Internet Services Teams.
To be considered for this opportunity you must possess:
- Excellent technical and communication skills
- A can-do attitude with strong customer services skills
- A calm and patient manner whilst working under pressure
- Previous experience working in a service desk role, either with a service provider or within a corporate environment
- A Microsoft Server MCP Exam would be preferred
You must be able to demonstrate proven abilities in the support and installation of a variety of IT solutions. It is also essential to have a working knowledge and practical experience of the following:
- Microsoft Desktop & Office Systems
- Microsoft Server and Virtualisation Technologies
- Active Directory Security and Administration as well as Group Policy Object (GPO)
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP
- Support of hardware, printers, desktops and servers
- Email, Antivirus, Web-Filtering and Backup software
- Networking knowledge regarding WAN, LAN, VLAN, VPN, WLAN, layer 2/3 switching, Firewalls and routers.
- Mobile devices/phones
Candidates must have a current driving license and have access to their own vehicle.
The role will include some extended / unsocial hours. There is the potential to augment the basic salary with overtime (as the requirement arises) and other defined benefits. The role may involve some manual handling from time to time.
Sota Solutions values diversity and operates a fair recruitment process free of discrimination. Due to the nature of this role, candidates will be subject to a criminal record disclosure check.
We may maintain a register of candidates that have applied for this role, but will remove such information once the recruitment process has concluded; any queries in relation to Sota Data Privacy should be directed to email@example.com
If interested in this opportunity, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Strictly no agencies and recruiters